Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends a host of discussions and major activities of the G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan (Photo: VNA). In his speech, PM Phuc laid stress on impacts of climate change, environmental pollution and energy insecurity on the mankind, while urging countries to mobilize and allocate effectively resources and fully carry out commitments in the Paris Agreement on climate change. He also called for increased assistance from the international community to nations vulnerable to climate change, including the Mekong Delta region, so as to cope with environmental changes. Plastic waste discharged into the sea harms the maritime ecological system, he said while asking countries to join hands in building institutions and regulations on sea and oceans in order to control, reduce and prevent marine plastic waste. Vietnam has been calling for the participation of the whole society in combating plastic waste, striving for zero disposable plastic use by 2025, the Vietnamese government leader said. Regarding sustainable development, leaders underlined the need to step up cooperation to realize Agenda 2030 on sustainable development and help developing countries to meet sustainable development goals on schedule, especially in poverty reduction, high-quality infrastructure, education, environment, health care and energy. At the… Read full this story
- Trump says his meeting with Xi Jinping went 'better than expected', insists he won't be imposing tariffs on China 'for the time being' and reveals Kim Jong-un responded 'very favorably' to his offer of a DMZ meeting as G20 summit ends
- The end of plastic landfill? Researchers discover caterpillar that eats plastic; it’s called a “wax worm”
- Our Oceans are Turning Into Plastic . . . Are We?
- France Is the First Country to Ban All Plastic Dishware
- Jack Johnson's Incredible Sailing Trip To Clean Up Ocean Trash
- Registration Begins for the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
- Who Killed Chris Kyle?
- Celebrate Canadian Environment Week
- The Doctors of War
- China's Appetite for Spam Is Wrecking U.S. Waterways
Vietnam proposes initiative against marine plastic waste at G20 Summit have 311 words, post on english.vov.vn at June 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.