Hanoi (VNA) – The Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics (HCMA) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Australia will work together to intensify the training of senior officials for Vietnam.
A memorandum of understanding (MoU) to this effect was signed in Hanoi on June 24 by Australian Ambassador to Vietnam Craig Chittick and Deputy Director of the HCMA Nguyen Duy Bac.
On this occasion, Prof. Dr. Nguyen Xuan Thang, HCMA Director, presented an insignia of the academy to the ambassador in recognition of his contributions to improving the academy’s research and teaching capacity.
Since 1995, the HCMA and the Australian Embassy in Vietnam have closely cooperated through projects on education, human rights, leadership science, public policies and gender research.
Thang expressed his hope that cooperation between the academy and Australian partners will be expanded, and the Vietnam-Australia strategic partnership will be enhanced and consolidated, contributing to peace, security and prosperity in the two countries.
For his part, Craig Chittick affirmed that the Australian Government always welcomes Vietnam’s initiatives and pledges to share skills, knowledge and experience.
Australia attaches importance to cooperation with Vietnam through cooperative activities with its academies and institutes, especially the HCMA, he said.
The MoU will open up a new page in the bilateral relations, he said, adding that the participation of Australian experts in training senior Vietnamese officials will contribute to Vietnam’s socio-economic development in the future.-VNA
- Two senior officials in bribery net
- Tucker Carlson Guest Claims FBI Framed Trump, Senior Officials Committed Crimes
- 45th anniversary of Vietnam-Australia ties observed in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ethiopia: PM Abiy Ahmed Tells His Cabinet the Government Is Investigating Foreign Bank Accounts Held By Senior Officials
- Grandfather is suspect in Australia mass shooting, says official
- Nirav Modi scam: Former Punjab National Bank MD, senior officials were aware of fraud, says CBI
- Brexit: UK needs more time to go, according to senior officials
- APEC senior officials meeting gets underway
- Vietnam, Australia agree to fortify strategic partnership
- Senior officials participate in study tour to Arizona