Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index U.S. Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper U.S. | U.S. and Mexico Issue Joint Declaration on Migration and Tariffs Advertisement Supported by ByLiam Stack June 7, 2019 President Trump pulled back from his plan to impose tariffs on all Mexican imports, saying on Friday night on Twitter that the United States and Mexico had reached an agreement to reduce the number of migrants entering the United States over the southwestern border. The tariffs, which could have been potentially crippling for Mexico, were to go into effect on Monday. Mr. Trump’s announcement came after several days of intense negotiations between the two countries in Washington. “The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended,” Mr. Trump wrote just before 8:30 p.m. “Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border.” Here is a joint statement by the United States and Mexico released by the State Department on Friday night: “The United States and Mexico met this week to address the shared challenges of irregular migration, to include the entry of… Read full this story
- Trump says he'll meet with Xi at the G20 this month in Japan before hitting China with $325 billion in new tariffs
- Trump reveals Mexico migrant plan by waving document around
- U.S., Canada, Mexico ask FIFA to expedite 2026 World Cup bid process
- Mexico 'has 45 days to curb migrant flow to US'
- USA, Mexico and Canada officially join together in bid to host 2026 World Cup
- Why the USA, Mexico and Canada joint bid is the favorite to host the 2026 World Cup
- USA, Mexico, Canada ‘aiming for’ joint bid to host 2026 World Cup, says CONCACAF president
- CONCACAF president: USA, Canada, Mexico aiming for joint 2026 World Cup bid
- 2016 New Mexico Bowl: 5 NFL Draft Prospects to Watch
- Week Under Review: Raul Allegre sheds light on the NFL’s popularity in Mexico and more
U.S. and Mexico Issue Joint Declaration on Migration and Tariffs have 328 words, post on www.nytimes.com at June 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.