0 Have your say The creation of a watchdog to represent the interests of Scotland’s consumers is a step closer following the publication of a bill detailing how the body would be structured. The Consumer Protection Bill is the first step in establishing a new organisation of advocacy and advice called Consumer Scotland which the Scottish Government says will work to generate improved service, greater value for money and better buying choices for shoppers north of the border.The Bill, which lays out how the new body would be created, states that a member will be appointed by the Scottish Ministers to chair Consumer Scotland, while between two and four other members will also appointed by the government.Caroline Normand, director of advocacy at consumer watchdog Which?, said: “Scottish consumers have told us about their deep concerns in many areas, from diminishing day-to-day banking services to patchy telecoms connections, and our research has exposed the impact these issues have had on trust in these essential industries.“The move to create a dedicated consumer body backed by the Scottish Government to tackle these chronic issues is very positive. By putting a duty on public bodies to prioritise consumer interests, as well as providing adequate… Read full this story
- Snap! Tweet! Score! How we consume football in the age of inattention
- Joel Sked: Insipid Aberdeen and Rangers left in Celtic’s slipstream
- Flying High Again: Why Green Bay Packers beat Philadelphia
- Steven Gerrard's ‘good fit’ with Rangers will worry Celtic, says Jurgen Klopp
- Guardiola working on plans to halt 'almost unstoppable' Salah and Liverpool
- Politician may lose job after missing parliamentary meeting to ref in Champions League
- Former Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Cougars stars headline 2018 state Hall of Fame class
- Mets and Las Vegas 51s extend player development contract through 2018
- Elizabeth Warren: Can she go all the way to the White House?
- Time for James Paxton to soar like me — an eagle
Scottish consumer watchdog a step closer after Holyrood bill have 313 words, post on www.scotsman.com at June 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.