The U.S. recorded music market is still growing — faster than top researchers originally thought.Goldman Sachs analysts are raising previously-reported industry forecasts by an average of 4 percent over the next decade, now predicting the industry to grow into a $45 billion beast with a paid streaming population of 1.15 billion by 2030.In its 2017 dossier, the research team led by Lisa Yang originally projected the industry to pull in $44 billion annually by then, putting the population of paid users at 900 million. But fueled by faster-than-expected adoption of paid subscriptions, she’s upping paid streaming forecasts by 6 percent on average over the period, predicting that the population of paid users will balloon to 690 million by 2023 alone.Yang also predicts that paid streaming will generate $27.5 billion in the forecast period — up from $27.1 billion, and that overall annual global streaming revenues, including ad-supported, will reach $37.2 billion. (Due to inflation and wavering exchange rates, restated prior estimates here may not exactly match those previously reported.)The new numbers coincide with IFPI’s recent 2018 Global Music Report, which rung in the fourth consecutive year of growth for global music sales — up to $19.1 billion, a nearly 10 percent rise on 2017’s numbers. Actual market figures were 1 percent ahead of Yang’s forecasts: Total… Read full this story
- Goldman Sachs' 2Q profits jump 44 percent, helped by trading
- American companies such as Goldman Sachs among UK's worst gender pay gap offenders
- How Do 6 of the Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs Work in Media?
- Develop more diversity! Cinemas reach out to underserved communities
- Report: Alta Bates closure would critically impact poor, people of color
- Californians among worst in nation at using paid vacation time, report says
- Las Vegas made nearly $60 billion in 2017 tied to tourism
- Netflix Adds Nearly 10 Million New Subscribers, Pushes Toward 150 Million Total Customers
- MA Traffic Reaches 'Tipping Point:' State Report Surprises None
- Alabama's tourist spending reaches all-time high
Paid Music Subscriber Totals Will Reach 1 Billion By 2030, Says Updated Goldman Sachs Report have 300 words, post on www.billboard.com at June 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.