For Australian newspapers, Scott Morrison’s official dinner with Donald Trump was worthy of front-page treatment. Reports said the US president had “lauded” the closeness of the Australian-US alliance and “‘lavished” praise on the prime minister. It was true of course. Trump had said Morrison “had a fantastic victory”. But for the US press corps it was a non-event. In its official briefing note the journalists said: “Pool was briefly led into dining room where President Trump was meeting with Australian Prime Minister (Scott) Morrison. There was no news.” ‘Precious’ ABC stories to disappear The ABC’s biggest collection of digital stories from regional Australians, collated on ABC Open since 2010, will disappear from public view on Friday. The broadcaster sent emails to the 28,000 contributors to the site, saying they should download their content before the end of the month because ABC Open was closed. A decision by ABC management to remove the archive from public view has infuriated former ABC producers who worked on the regional project. They say the decision marks the destruction of a valuable social archive of 193,000 documentary and social history stories in text, photography, audio and video. Suzi Taylor, one of 50 Open producers who… Read full this story
- White House press secretary claims Trump 'does read and he's the most informed man on planet Earth when it comes to the threats we face' - after he DENIED being briefed on Russia paying Taliban bounties to kill US troops
- Biden goes months without holding press conference, as Trump team accuses ex-VP of ‘hiding in his basement’
- Donald Trump spreads fake news about Joe Biden's press conference with bogus claim he was 'reading the answers from a teleprompter'
- Obama attacks Trump AGAIN as he says he thinks like a 'little kid' and 'that's why the country is so screwed up' over the pandemic in address to virtual graduation after saying the president doesn't 'know what he's doing'
- Twitter flags Donald Trump's 'when the looting starts the shooting starts' threat for 'inciting violence' AGAIN after he repeats it on White House account amid furious attacks at platform for 'targeting' him
- Trump pushes state, local leaders to reopen schools in fall
- Trump's coronavirus task force spokeswoman contracts Covid-19 amid fears for White House
- PIERS MORGAN: Melania Trump is right to protect her son Barron from vile Twitter trolls – but when will she tell her husband to stop making Joe Scarborough’s young kids’ lives hell by falsely tweeting their dad’s a murderer?
- Coronavirus live updates: Kimberly Guilfoyle tests positive ahead of Trump’s Mount Rushmore event
- 'I'm not going to do it': Trump rejects his own administration's advice on masks
'No news' for US press in Morrison's dinner with Trump have 434 words, post on www.theguardian.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.