Glastonbury revellers enjoyed a relatively quiet night, watching movies as the sun set and creating a make-shift slip ‘n’ slide, before the festival properly kicks off later today. After a long day enjoying highs of 82F (28C) at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset, in bikini tops and shorts, thousands of attendees watched night fall together. Many will be saving their energy for today, when the first acts take the stage. Forecasters have said that the south west of the UK will be the hottest in the country in the coming week, and the mercury could hit 89F (31C) today. Thousands arrived at the 36th Glastonbury festival yesterday, with around 203,000 revellers due on the site over the weekend. The packed-out festival will host artists including Kylie Minogue, The Killers, The Cure and even U.S. star Miley Cyrus on the famous Pyramid stage. As revellers arrived yesterday, many got into the festival spirit almost immediately, cracking open beers and bottles of wine. Police officers were even spotted getting in on the fun and were photographed in their full uniforms with a group of festival goers. This is while one couple Sarah Adley, 31, and Jack Watney, 32, who were engaged at the festival… Read full this story
- Tail-end of Hurricane Lorenzo is set to bring gale-force winds and more heavy rain to Britain this evening after temperatures plunged to -2.7C overnight
- Glastonbury Festival CANCELLED amid coronavirus pandemic: Music event's 50th anniversary edition is postponed until June 2021
- Hay fever sufferers claim VASELINE is miracle cure for pollen allergy
- Boston Weather: A Wintry Mix To Kick Off Spring
- Coronavirus: BBC's Eurovison, Glastonbury and Euro 2020 replacements confirmed
- Hay fever alert as UK heat wave and pollen surge ‘increases risk of deadly asthma attacks’
- Coronavirus causes chaos in the entertainment industry: BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend is CANCELLED as Celine Dion leads the stars in postponing gigs and London's West End is left empty
- All the Festivals We Lost This Year
- Dec Donnelly looks pensive while making a call as Saturday Night Takeaway looks set to go ahead without a live studio audience amid coronavirus pandemic
- 'Pubs are packed... not a brain cell in there': Britons fume as revellers STILL ignore calls to stay at home during coronavirus crisis and youngsters are warned they will NOT 'breeze through it'
Night fever: Glastonbury revellers kick off festival's first evening with record temperatures forecast during a scorching weekend have 376 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.