|The plant has a total capacity of 40MWp and is installed with more than 100,000 solar panels|
The plant has been invested with over VND1 trillion(US$43 million) by Duc Thanh Mui Ne JSC. It has a total capacity of 40MWp and covers an area of 38ha in Mui Ne ward, Phan Thiet city.
The plant is installed with more than 100,000 solar panels with a capacity of 356Wp each. The construction of the plant commenced in October 2018 and it was completedand put into trial operation on May 28.
This is the 11th solar plant in the southern province put into commercial operation which will provide approximately 68 million kWh of electricity for the national grid while helping reduce over 55,447 tonnes of CO2 each year.
Total electricity output of the plant will be sold to the Electricity of Vietnam in 20 years at the price of 9.35cent per kWh according to the government’s support policy for solar power projects.
The solar project also saw the capital contribution of UK’s Dragon Capital Group and US Pacifico Energy. This is the first cooperation project of the two investors in the renewable energy area in Vietnam.
Binh Thuan province has 26 approved solar power projects with a combined capacity of nearly 1,072MW. Seventeen projects have been completed including 11 projects of which are already in commercial operation.
- Construction of Vietnam’s largest solar power plant starts
- Tamil Nadu's Trichy City Corporation launches work on solar power plant
- Update: Roundup: Kenya launches Chinese-built 50MW solar power plant
- Kenya launches Chinese-built 50MW solar power plant
- Binh Thuan gives 11 project licences worth $990 million
- Binh Thuan reviews project to enhance agricultural opportunities for women
- Two school boys drown after swimming at beach in Binh Thuan
- New draft document on solar power projects to be filed
- New solar power scheme to light up lives of rural farmers in Rajasthan
- Madhya Pradesh to set up 2000 MW solar power park across Chambal & Bundelkhand