(CNN)On an overcast evening, with the 2019 Women’s World Cup a day old, Megan Rapinoe and her teammates are exploring the city of Reims, the unofficial capital of France’s Champagne region. Hosting the defending champions’ opening match of the tournament, the northeastern city where French kings were crowned is home to America’s finest soccer players for the next few days. The footballers, smartly dressed with no team badges on display to hint at their occupations, come to a halt near a tram stop. Huddled and moving in semicircles to the command of a blue dot on a smartphone, the group looks lost. But no one is taking notice. Locals are patiently waiting for a tram to arrive, unaware that a few steps away are Rapinoe and Alex Morgan, Olympic champions, world champions, household names in their homeland. Follow @cnnsport With her lavender hair, the flamboyant Rapinoe has been easy to recognize in France. But after the past few days, even the inhabitants of Reims would now probably glance twice if they were to find the 33-year-old in their midst again. Being in the eye of a Twitter storm with the President of the United States tends to increase a person’s… Read full this story
- Megan Rapinoe condemns US Capitol rioters as 'White supremacy mob'
- Megan Rapinoe responds to insurrection at Capitol: “This is America”
- Megan Rapinoe: ‘A White Supremacy Mob’ Attacked the Capitol
- Megan Rapinoe on Capitol attack: 'This is America. We showed our true colors'
- Trump says U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe is wrong to protest during national anthem
- Megan Rapinoe says "white supremacist mob" in Capitol attack showed America's "true colors"
- U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe kneels during national anthem
- Women's football 2020 audit: Megan Rapinoe's starpower, stopping Lyon's dominance and how Tokyo Games can sustain momentum for Euros
- Megan Rapinoe describes 'insane' US Capitol riot as 'murderous moment'
- Meagan Rapinoe: Capitol siege revealed America's 'true colors'
Megan Rapinoe: USWNT captain, World Cup winner and campaigner for social justice have 317 words, post on edition.cnn.com at June 28, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.