Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar downplayed concerns that many of the other 24 Democrats vying for the presidential nomination are embracing progressive policy proposals that may alienate some voters and push moderates like herself away from the party in 2020. “I think there’s room in our party for a legitimate debate,” she said on “Face the Nation” Sunday. “I just think it’s important to realize there’s a lot more that unifies us than separates [us], that there’s a lot more that unifies us than there is that divides us.” Transcript: Sen. Amy Klobuchar on “Face the Nation” Klobuchar was asked specifically about the two nights of the first Democratic debate in Miami, in which the more progressive candidates on stage dominated the conversation, vowing to implement sweeping liberal policies on immigration, health care and climate change and cast aside more incremental, pragmatic approaches touted by previous candidates like Hillary Clinton and former President Barack Obama. Current contenders like Julián Castro and Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders pledged to decriminalize illegal border crossings and enact single-payer health care systems that cover undocumented immigrants, and under Sanders’ plan, that effectively shutter the private health insurance system. Klobuchar conceded there’s a… Read full this story
- Chris King launches new digital ad focusing on Democratic debate
- In debate, what did Gray, McGrath, Thomas do to win over 6th District voters?
- Macron on Capitol Hill: Speech before Congress emphasises 'democratic values'
- Could Al Franken Make a Comeback? Amy Klobuchar Said Former Senator Has A Third Act
- California Democrats vying for U.S. House may crowd each other out
- Reader's concerns about college affordability yield a debate question for Ashford, Eastman
- Campaign Notebook: Rufus Gifford leads crowded Democratic field for 3rd District seat, poll finds
- Democratic gubernatorial candidates can't afford to pull a Kay Ivey, skip debate: Experts
- Gov. Cuomo urges Sen. Simcha Felder to 'seize and maximize' opportunity to rejoin Democrats
- GOP congressional candidates tangle in first and only debate
Klobuchar downplays differences among Democrats in first debate have 323 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at June 30, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.