The festival is held annually by the Khanh Hoa Salangane Nest Company to honour the founder and supporters of local edible bird nest production business.
He later taught local people how to exploit the nests which earned him the title the founder of the industry.
His descendant, the Grand Admiral of the Tay Son Dynasty (1778-1788), Le Thi Huyen Tram and many soldiers sacrificed their lives to protect the country’s waters and salangane islands. She was honoured the Holy Mother of the Island.
The salangane lives in caves on limestone cliffs and makes nest using its own saliva. The nest is a popular but an expensive traditional dish which is believed to have health benefits.
Khanh Hoa is home to the largest salangane population in Vietnam.
The Khanh Hoa Salangane Nest Company has to date developed over 170 salangane-breeding caves on 33 islands spanning from Quang Binh to Kien Giang provinces.-VNA
- Journey’s End Refugee Services to Host WNY Refugee Film Festival
- Japan Football Association to co-host inaugural esports tournament at 2019 National Sports Festival
- Prize-winning author George Saunders to speak at 2019 Unbound Book Festival
- Astros to host watch party, street festival for ALCS games this weekend
- NHTI to host Manhattan Short Film Festival this weekend
- Black Lodge Video in Memphis hosts Cinematic Panic film festival
- Holyoke Community College to host 24-hour theater festival
- UCO to host inaugural Edmond Pride Festival
- Eastern States Exposition hosts 9th annual fiber festival
- Lincoln Financial Field to host 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup quarterfinal doubleheader