MP Charlie Elphicke is understood to be meeting the Home Secretary shortly, after the migrant crisis reached a new peak.A record 74 people tried to reach the coast in one day.They were stopped by the Border Force in eight different boats on Saturday.According to Mr Elphicke, this is a record number of people in a day.Seven of the boats were intercepted in the Channel and some were taken to Dover. One vessel was found at Winchelsea in East Sussex. Two other vessels were also stopped in France. Mr Elphicke warned last weekend that attempts to cross the Channel this summer looks set to surge at record levels.He said: “These journeys are also incredibly dangerous. Overcrowded boats with men, women and children aboard.”The risk of a tragedy in the middle of the English Channel resulting in loss of life is very real.”This is why the Home Office and France must act now to bring this crisis to an end.”Home Secretary Sajid Javid said: “The number of migrants crossing the Channel overnight is deeply concerning and I’m receiving regular updates. “Kent Online has kept a count of the number of incidents involved since the present trend of migrants coming in by small… Read full this story
- East Kent could see new 'super hospital'
- Ukrainian Crisis: Merkel, Biden And Obama See Militarization Differently
- Meet the Women Hillary Clinton Could Pick to Be Her Running Mate
- Post-riot, UK government halts talk of social media shutdown
- Asylum seekers waiting in Nuevo Laredo fear lurking dangers
- Head of EFL rules out any reprieve for expelled Bury
- Racing! Is the Santa Anita drag gone?
- The Big Fat Conspiracy
- Why a disconnected society is far more dangerous than a connected one
- Regis Becker: The Heavy Lifter
Home Secretary to meet with Kent MP over 'migrant crisis' have 288 words, post on www.kentonline.co.uk at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.