Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The People’s Committee of Hanoi has asked authorised agencies and local authorities at the grass-roots levels to tighten inspection and demolish the areas being illegally used to store construction materials in the city.
The work must be done before July 31.
The municipal committee estimated that 188 storage sites of construction materials were operating in the city. Of those, only 40 were licensed.
The illegal storage sites of construction materials were reportedly along the two sides of the Hong (Red) River in Ba Vi, Son Tay, Phuc Tho, Dan Phuong, Bac Tu Liem, Hoang Mai, Thuong Tin, Phu Xuyen, Dong Anh and Gia Lam districts.
Illegal areas storing sand and gravel were found along Day River near the districts of Hoai Duc, Thanh Oai and Ung Hoa. All sand and gravel were illegally mined.
The city has sent inspection teams to handle the violations, but the encroachment has not been solved, threatening the safety of dykes as well as people passing through the areas.
Representatives from local authorities said illegal storage sites of construction materials are a decades-long issue.
Apart from some sites that were undergoing procedures to get licensed, most were operating illegally.
Local authorities had patrolled and demolished illegal sites, but they reappeared after a short time.
To deal with the issue, the city’s committee has asked relevant authorities to supervise the construction investment projects using sand and gravel in the city.
Investors must have papers showing the origin of construction materials supplied by the contractors to ensure the materials were legally mined.
It has asked all sectors and units to tightly co-operate to better manage and handle violations, especially along the border between Hanoi and neighbouring areas.
Leaders of local authorities must take responsibility for any violations.-VNS/VNA
- Counter-Strike YouTubers revealed as owners of gambling site they promoted (update)
- More allegations of match-fixing and illegal betting activity in pro StarCraft
- KekRaptor: Scandal Erupts as Pokémon Trainers Promoted Gambling Site WinPoke.Mon
- 3DS/DS flash cartridges are now illegal to import in Japan
- Loot Boxes Are Not an Illegal Form of Gambling says France
- Reselling Game Keys Are Now Illegal in Japan
- Lawyer: Valve’s silence while helping gambling sites is ‘unconscionable’
- Facebook Reportedly Failed to Stop Child Marriage Auction From Taking Place on the Site
- Social Media Sites Including Facebook, Twitter & YouTube To Combat Online Hate Speech In Europe
- G2A Is Taking Steps To Stop Illegal Game Keys