Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese midfielder Nguyen Quang Hai has been named one of six notable names of Asia that are good enough to play in Europe this summer.
According to the foxsportsasia.com website, Hai is the hottest property in Southeast Asian football at the moment.
He has enjoyed a sterling past 15 months starting last January when he helped Vietnam reach the final of the AFC U-23 Championship.
Since then, he has been in inspirational form as the Golden Stars won the AFF Suzuki Cup, reached the quarter-finals of AFC Asian Cup 2019 and finished fourth at last year’s Asian Games.
Hai has already garnered interest from several clubs across Asia but V.League 1 defending champions Hanoi FC are said to be reluctant to cash in on his services yet, although that could just prove impossible if an offer from Europe comes through.
Besides Hai, the website called Takefusa Kubo, who has scored four goals in 12 starts in the J1 League so far this season, the Japanese Messi”.
Special mention was also give to Alireza Beiranvand of Iran; Chanathip Songkrasin of Thailand; Almoez Ali of Qatar; and Jo Hyeon-woo of the Republic of Korea.-VNA
- A-League All Stars are the key to Asian football
- Penn State Football News Links: Wade Named Mr. Football, Stockpile of Receivers, and Other News
- Vieira 'ready for Europe' amid reported Arsenal interest
- Vietnam’s women’s footballers ready for 2018 Asian Cup finals
- Hampton names Prunty football coach
- Harold Fairclough named head football coach at Emmaus
- Holy Cross names Chesney football coach
- Saquon Barkley named college football's 'most versatile' player
- Lamar names Schultz football coach
- FSU Football: Dalvin Cook Named College Football’s Best Runner