On 4 June, Bloomberg reported that Deutsche Bank AG had confiscated 20 tonnes of Venezuelan gold as collateral citing Caracas’ failure to make interest payments on a 2016 gold swap agreement valued at $750 million. Although the agreement was due to expire in 2021 the bank closed out the contract earlier. In much the same vein, Citigroup Inc. seized Venezuelan gold in March. “These banks — in essence acting in quiet concert — closed their agreements early so as to hurt Venezuela’s credit repayment reputation and sovereign ratings further”, says Pye Ian, a private equity executive and former precious metals commodities trader. ”Juan Guaidó — who has been urging a coup and ‘regime change’ against the Venezuelan majority population’s wishes — has been deployed as supposed ‘solution provider’ for the gold/debt default issue”. Interim President Juan Guaido and the National Assembly offer unity and democracy to begin the path toward restoring Venezuela to democracy and prosperity. The world must work with President Guaido to prevent the humanitarian crisis in Venezuela from worsening. https://t.co/CW9V9es99Y — John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) 8 июня 2019 г. The precious metals expert highlighted that in Venezuela’s case gold is “not only a Tier 1 Asset as per the designation of the Bank for International Settlements itself” but “means of both immediate currency for [the country] and a bedrock monetary asset for eventually stripping itself off of the dollar standard as global… Read full this story
- Recovering gold, copper, and other metals from e-waste is cheaper than trying to get them through mining, study finds
- PANIC: $300M in cryptocurrency VANISHES overnight… user error blamed… 10 reasons why gold is better than Bitcoin
- This "Crypto-Genius" Tried to Debate Bitcoin. It Wasn't Pretty.
- How Big Data Analytics Can Help Track Money Laundering
- The Health Ranger’s top ten predictions and global forecast for 2018 (and beyond) … must read
- Texas to build its own massive gold repository in Leander, Texas… first step toward secession?
- The 100 Best Heavy Metal Workout Songs of All Time
- Bjorn Lomborg's WSJ Response to Nixing of Australian Project
- How Unikrn use blockchain and cryptocurrency for esports betting
- There's gold in them thar databases
Gold is Money: Why US Trying to Nix Yellow Metal's Use in Global Transactions have 342 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.