World leaders, including US President Donald Trump, have joined the Queen in Portsmouth to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings. Theresa May is hosting 15 world leaders to honour the largest combined land, air and naval operation in history.Figures from every country that fought alongside the UK are attending.Coming to the end of a three-day state visit to the UK, Mr Trump said he was looking forward to marking what “may have been the greatest battle ever”.The countries represented at the event have agreed to make a joint statement pledging to ensure the “unimaginable horror” of World War Two is not repeated. Latest updates: Trump and Queen at D-Day event What were the D-Day landings? 10 things you might not know about D-Day Called “the D-Day proclamation”, the 16 signatories – including the UK and the US – will commit to working together to “resolve international tensions peacefully”.The UK prime minister will use the occasion to call for continued Western unity in tackling what she will call “new and evolving security threats”. On Thursday, memorial services are planned to mark the 75 years since the D-Day landings on 6 June 1944 – the start of the campaign to… Read full this story
- Donald Trump pays surprise visit to New York police after skipping 9/11 memorial
- Donald Trump Pays NYPD & FDNY Surprise Visits on 9/11 Anniversary: 'You Are New York's Finest'
- Donald Trump commentates on farcical boxing match on 9/11 anniversary - ‘Like a parody’
- Donald Trump to commentate on Evander Holyfield comeback fight on 9/11 anniversary
- Donald Trump furiously confronted by Mike Tyson - 'Are you f***ing my wife?'
- 'He used to kiss my a**!' Donald Trump slams Mark Zuckerberg in brutal Facebook takedown
- Donald Trump Jr. says father could reveal intel about aliens, Area 51 during boxing fight
- Donald Trump savagely mocked by Twitter users over wardrobe blunder
- The raging new Donald Trump campaign starts up where he left off
- Donald Trump did "not feel safe" in Iraq and U.S. troops should leave too, local leaders say
Donald Trump joins Queen for 75th D-Day anniversary have 326 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.