Nguyen Thuy Linh started sitting for Vietnam's national high school exam this week with too much weight on her shoulders – the overwhelming grief from her mother's death and the motherhood she has to take over from the deceased. But the 18-year-old girl, hailing from the north-central province of Thanh Hoa, said taking, and ultimately passing, this exam is the only opportunity for her to escape poverty. Students in Vietnam on Tuesday started sitting for the all-important national high school exam, the results of which are used to determine if a student qualifies for high school graduation and as an admission test for colleges and universities. The exam runs from June 25 to 27 this year. Linh had been painstakingly preparing for the four-day exam like any of her peers, when her mother, 41-year-old Trinh Thi Khuyen, was struck to death by a lightning bolt earlier this month. The incident took place when the mother and Linh were on their way home after a hard day working in the paddy field on June 3. Khuyen was taken to the hospital for emergency care, but she passed away on June 5. Following her monther’s sudden death, Linh took over the role of a mom to… Read full this story
- Girl, 17, kills herself by stepping in front of a train two months after her high school football star friend's identical suicide
- Mom, 31, found dead inside SUV in Texas parking lot along with her daughters, 2 and 4, 'likely died of overdose before her kids succumbed to heat stroke'
- Lori Vallow's best friend calls 'cult' mom 'misleading and manipulative', telling Chad Daybell's first court hearing how the couple 'asked her to lie to police about missing son JJ's whereabouts' before he was found dead with his sister Tylee
- The amputee who helps other amputees scale mountains
- EXCLUSIVE: With frostbite on her hands and hair frozen to the ground, 14-year-old Daisy Coleman was raped and dumped by high school footballers. Now she speaks out about her ordeal
- “I Killed Them All.” The Life Of One Of America’s Bloodiest Hitmen
- One Town’s War on Gay Teens
- Daughters of the bomb: my reckoning with Hiroshima, 75 years later
- Truth behind what looked like portrait of one very happy family: Prince of Wales' official 70th birthday family photograph was 'absolute nightmare' because of difficulties with brothers, biography claims
- A lost summer: How Trump fell short in confronting the virus
Devastated by mom’s death, Vietnamese girl bites bullet to take national exam have 393 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at June 26, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.