He made the statement during meetings with Lao PM Thongloun Sisoulith and Chairwoman of the Lao National Assembly Pany Yathotou in Vientiane on June 25.
The Lao leaders congratulated Vietnam on winning a non-permanent seat at the United Nations Security Council for the 2020-2021 tenure with record approval votes.
They believed that with the non-permanent membership in the UNSC and the ASEAN Chair by 2020, Vietnam will affirm its increasingly important role in ASEAN, the region and the world.
Talking to the Lao PM, Dung wished that the Lao government would facilitate regular exchange of high-level visits via different channels, promote result-oriented cooperation in diverse areas, and continue implementing agreements of the two countries, especially the outcomes of the 41st meeting of the Inter-Governmental Committee.
He suggested continuing to enforce border agreements, including the one on the settlement of free immigration and unregistered marriages, and coordinate to search for and repatriate remains of Vietnamese voluntary soldiers and experts lying down their lives in Laos during the war.
PM Sisoulith vowed to offer all possible support to Vietnamese enterprises doing business in Laos, soon hold the second business dialogue between the Lao PM and Vietnamese firms, and speed up the pace of joint key projects such as the Luang Prabang and Nammo hydropower plants and Hanoi – Vientiane expressway.
The host asked the Vietnamese government to continue encouraging firms to invest in Laos in high-tech agriculture and aviation.
At the meeting with NA Chairwoman Yathotou, Deputy PM Dung reported the progress of the construction of the new Lao NA House, affirming that the Vietnamese government attaches importance to the project and wants to coordinate with Laos to deal with arising difficulties in order to ensure the project will be completed on schedule.
Dung asked the top Lao legislator to push for the facilitation of Vietnam’s projects in Laos and the effective implementation of high-level agreements between the two governments.
Yathotou, for her part, pledged to liaison closely with the Vietnamese NA when Vietnam assumes the role of ASEAN Chair and Chair of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly (AIPA) by 2020.-VNA
- Secretary Pompeo's Meeting With Senegalese Prime Minister Mohammed Dionne
- Australian Prime Minister Given Two Left Feet in Embarrassing Photoshop Fail on His Website
- Visit of Prime Minister of Republic of Mauritius to India as Chief Guest at 15th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Wife Should Be Indicted for Bribery and Corruption, Israeli Police Say
- What is the Brexit Deal and Can Theresa May Survive As British Prime Minister? Full Chaos Explained
- Yemen's prime minister says U.S. can help end humanitarian crisis
- Who Will Be the Next British Prime Minister? Odds and Top Candidates After Theresa May Say She’ll Step Down Before Next Election
- Malta prime minister pledging to introduce same-sex marriage law
- Thailand's deputy PM found innocent in luxury watch scandal
- Deputy PM: Tsipras will win votes on confidence and name deal