Can Tho (VNA) – A contest popularising Vietnam’s sovereignty over seas and islands in the Mekong Delta region and localities in the vicinity was held in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho on June 19 by the Ministry of Information and Communications and the city People’s Committee.
Taking place from June 19-21, the contest lures the participation of An Giang, Bac Lieu, Ba Ria-Vung Tau, Ben Tre, Binh Duong, Ca Mau, Can Tho, Dong Thap, Hau Giang, Kien Giang, Long An, Soc Trang, Tra Vinh, Tien Giang and Vinh Long.
Performances and exhibitions at the event are required to give an insight into potential and beauty of Vietnamese seas and islands while featuring the localities’ efforts to build and develop the country’s sovereignty.
Meanwhile, the Party’s policies and State’s regulations on sea and island issues, including Vietnam’s strategy on sustainable marine economic development until 2030 with a vision until 2045, will be also highlights of the event.
According to Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Hoang Vinh Bao, the contest offers opportunities for the participants to exchange experience in popularising Vietnam’s seas and islands.-VNA
- Photo exhibition on Vietnam’s seas, islands held in HCM City
- VNA photo exhibition on seas, islands opens in HCM City
- VOV launches writing contest on Vietnam-Indonesia relations
- Spurs owner Joe Lewis enjoys leisure time on Vietnam’s paradise island
- Bac Lieu exhibition affirms Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 25
- RCMP investigating after body in ‘advanced state’ of decay found near Vancouver airport
- China asked to respect Vietnam’s sovereignty over Hoang Sa, Truong Sa archipelagos
- China wrong to seize Vietnam’s sovereignty by force: Vietnamese General
- Vietnam never concedes in sovereignty matters: PM