Coffee Industry Cooperation is eyeing the European specialty market to sell PNG Coffee. Mr Dambui said this is because the EU market has already been taken up by other major coffee players in the world therefore they will be looking specifically at the specialty market. He said currently PNG exports 51,000 tonnes of coffee per annum of which K400m goes into the national economy seeing 60 per cent given to growers of whom 85 per cent are small holders. Mr Dambui also advised the EU business delegation the coffee industry in PNG is predominantly made up of small holders and these people has helped the industry to supply coffee into major markets in Germany, USA and Australia. “We have 23 exporters into those major markets. In fact we export to 34 countries around the world and over the last five years we have managed to export 2 billion bags of coffee into the EU market at a value of K1 billion,” he said. Mr Dambui said they also know that 30 per cent of the global consumption of coffee is in Europe as a result they would like to find opportunities in the specialty market because he believes PNG coffee… Read full this story
- Monster Eyes European Market with Emailjob.com Buy
- Tencent eyes Europe, with majority investment in Miniclip
- Yahoo Eyes Subscription Market with Music Store Upgrade
- Coffee firms should focus on deep processing: insiders
- In Jo Cox's town: Market stalls, a quiet library and now flowers after an unthinkable crime
- File Sharers Targeted With Wave of Lawsuits in Europe
- RFID Drives Food, Fashion Operations in Europe
- David Gosen Joins Xbox Europe
- EXPERT ADVICE 2010 - A Perspective From the Eye of IT
- Will iPod Be Eye for Porn?
Coffee industry eyes Europe market have 274 words, post on postcourier.com.pg at June 21, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.