MobiFone, VNPT, and the other 17 companies have been exposed to the gunfire of the Commission for Management of State Capital at Enterprises’ (CMSC) financial supervision.
|The financial performance of VNPT, MobiFone, and other 17 state-owned companies will be inspected by the CMSC|
Chairman of the CMSC Nguyen Hoang Anh has recently approved Decision No.151/QD-UBQLV outlining the 2019 plan of financial supervision for 19 state-owned companies.
Accordingly, the inspections will take a look at the preservation and development of state capital, capital management, debt and asset management, solvencies, and business performance. In addition, the CMSC will also look at their compliance with investment regulations as well as payment and bonus policies and allowances for labourers and employees.
|19 companies under the supervision include SCIC, Petrolimex, Vinachem, EVN, PVN, VRG, Vinacomin, VNPT, MobiFone, Vietnam Airlines, Vinataba, Vinacafe, Vinafor, Vinafood 1, Vinafood 2, ACV, VNR, VEC, and Vinalines.|
A representative of the CMSC said that the inspections will assess the performance of the businesses and help them fix difficulties and reach business targets.
On last September 30, the CMSC was officially launched to represent state interest in 19 SOEs. The organ manages VND1,000 trillion ($43.48 billion) worth of state capital in these SOEs that have a total asset value of VND2,300 trillion ($100 billion).
At the launch ceremony, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc stated that establishing the CMSC will help to improve the efficiency of SOEs. Vietnam has learnt from the experiences of Chinese and Singaporean versions of the CMSC, which were launched long years ago.
By Hoang Van
- 19 State-owned groups to undergo financial supervision
- 19 State-owned groups to be under financial supervision
- Share buybacks by state-run companies on the cards
- India plans strategic stake sales in 28 state-run companies: minister
- Former head of largest State-owned agricultural enterprise in Hainan charged with bribery
- Transparency needed for securities market in 2019
- More than 750 equitized enterprises yet to be listed on trading floor
- Government to revive strategic stake sale in PSUs
- Bottoming out process of the economy has begun: Gautam Chhaochharia, UBS
- Top three PSU coal miners' capex to rise 15% in FY20