Before California Democrats wrapped up their convention in San Francisco Sunday afternoon, party delegates agreed to take a united stand on 14 high-profile issues. They approved resolutions — value statements that telegraph where the party stands — on several controversial political questions, from charter school expansion to sexual-harassment accusations involving party leaders. Unlike some past years, when contentious resolution debates erupted, delegates approved the measures with little fanfare. But there was drama earlier in the convention: The 14 resolutions party leaders brought to the floor were culled from nearly 200 that delegates submitted; most were affirmed without a floor vote. Some proposals, though, were thwarted by the Resolutions Committee, including a half-dozen resolutions that were critical of the Israeli government’s actions in the Palestinian conflict. Here’s a breakdown of the 14 resolutions that Democrats approved Sunday: Prop. 13 overhaul • What it says: Endorses a November 2020 ballot initiative that would overhaul Proposition 13, the state’s 1978 measure that limited property taxes for businesses and homeowners. Proponents say the overhaul, which would only affect large businesses and commercial property, could bring in about $11.4 billion in additional revenue for school districts, cities and counties. California Attorney General Xavier Becerra stands… Read full this story
- How the path to the Democratic presidential nomination is different in 2020
- Poll: Moderate Democrats Turned Off by Party’s 2020 Open Borders Agenda
- The Democrats Aren’t a Left-Wing Party — They Just Play One on TV
- What Do Democrats Mean by ‘Electability’?
- 5 Signs Elizabeth Warren Is Winning the Democratic Primary
- Democrats Vote to Strip Power From Superdelegates, Reform Caucuses
- Warren Continues to Emerge As a Potential Democratic Unity Figure
- California power outages hit more than 500,000 amid high winds and fires across the state
- Kamala Harris’s Star Is Rising, But There Are Major Hurdles Ahead
- Ted Cruz mocks Eric Swalwell over fartgate - as Democrat fires back by recalling time Texas Senator 'liked' a porn video on Twitter
California Democrats endorse 14 policy goals ahead of 2020 have 305 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at June 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.