MIAMI: Frontrunner Joe Biden faced withering criticism on multiple fronts Thursday from his Democratic rivals for the 2020 presidential nomination, including calls to leave the battle to oust Donald Trump to a younger generation. In a sometimes scrappy battle of the Democratic heavyweights, Senator Kamala Harris landed several blows on Biden in a nationally televised debate, putting the former vice president on the defensive as he argued that he is best-positioned to take on the Republican president in an election. Biden blasted Trump for his “horrible” policies that have exacerbated income inequality, while his chief rival for the nomination, Senator Bernie Sanders, took it directly to the “phony” president, calling him “a pathological liar and a racist.” But it was the 76-year-old Biden, back on the debate stage for the first time in seven years, who found himself under an unexpectedly sharp and early attack from a lower-tier candidate half his age. Congressman Eric Swalwell, 38, called on the former vice president to “pass the torch” to a new generation of party leaders better equipped to tackle climate change, expand health care coverage, and reduce gun violence. “I’m still holding on to that torch,“ Biden snapped back. Several rivals were… Read full this story
- Trump calls out Joe Biden saying Democrat rival is ‘hiding in a basement’ while he fights coronavirus
- Top 2020 Democrats step up spending sharply in Q4
- Assault allegation puts Joe Biden — and the Democratic Party — in a bind
- Nancy Pelosi Endorses Joe Biden: ‘The Personification of Integrity’
- Trump and allies respond to Biden sexual assault allegations
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden says of Reade sexual assault accusation "it never, never happened"
- Will Candidates for Biden’s VP Shortlist Defend Him from Reade Allegations?
- Will Candidates for Biden’s VP Shortlist Defend Him From Reade Allegations?
- Poll: Donald Trump, Joe Biden Tied in Texas
- New committee to 'Draft Michelle Obama' urges Biden to pick her as VP
Biden under attack as 2020 Democrat rivals urge passing of torch have 314 words, post on www.thesundaily.my at June 27, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.