Linh is the only Vietnamese female singer to attend the festival and currently works as a vocalist for the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra.
A troupe from Vietnam will perform on May 31 with the work entitled ‘Am Va Duong’ (Yin and Yang), composed by musician/saxophonist/producer Nguyen Bao Long, Linh’s husband.
Founded in 2012, the festival is one of the three largest music festivals in China and regularly features troupes from 30 countries.
This year, the festival will include more than 300 artists from 24 countries and territories.
Linh won the top prize at the Sao Mai (Morning Star) National Singing Contest in 2007 thanks to her charming and strong voice.
In recent years, Linh has been absent from the limelight, having given birth. “I decided to come back to the stage,” she said.
“I have my son now, and I want him to be proud of me. So I will change my music style toward the higher quality. That’s why I chose to perform with the orchestra.”
“My husband is a musician and an expert of jazz for many years, he has become my inspiration,” she said.-VNS/VNA
- King's Singers launch annual music festival Lípa Musica
- Janet Jackson covers up while performing at Saudi Arabia music festival... as she fills in last minute for drop-out Nicki Minaj amid pressure from human rights organisations
- Madison Beer looks ravishing in all lime green ensemble at the Austin City Limits music festival
- ‘Offer vaccines at supermarkets and music festivals’ – experts
- Soul star Diana Ross set to perform at Glastonbury Festival 2020
- 5 Rappers Dropped From New York Music Festival at Police Request
- No more sniffer dogs, body searches banned and mandatory pill testing: How Australian music festivals could forever change after bombshell recommendations stemming from overdose deaths of six revellers
- Music: Fortissimo Classical Music Festival opens in Morocco
- Stagecoach 2020: Lineup for country music festival includes Carrie Underwood, Eric Church, Lil Nas X, more
- Uzeyir Hajibeyli Music Festival revealed its programme