Sunday May 26, 2019 07:56 PM Italy’s hard-line interior minister, Matteo Salvini, says the European parliamentary vote shows “that the rules are changing” in Europe.” Written by The Associated Press BRUSSELS (AP) — The Latest on elections for the European Parliament (all times local): 1:50 a.m. Italy’s hard-line interior minister, Matteo Salvini, says the European parliamentary vote shows “that the rules are changing in Europe.” Salvini told supporters at party headquarters in Milan early Monday that the results of Europe’s four-day vote show that “a new Europe is born. I will say to those who have sunk the European dream, transforming it into a nightmare, that I am proud that the League participated in this new rebirth of a sunken Europe.” Voter projections showed the League won 33% of the vote in Italy, up from just 6% at the last European vote in 2014 and at least 10 percentage points ahead of the Democratic Party in second place. The League’s coalition partners, the 5-Star Movement, suffered a blow, finishing third with just 19% of the vote. Salvini held a cross as he spoke, and at one point kissed it and looked upward, saying: “I thank whoever is up there, who… Read full this story
- FIA details latest F1 rule changes ahead of season start
- UK eases coronavirus quarantine rules for Europe, excludes US
- Coronavirus: What do the latest lockdown rules say?
- July 4 lockdown rules changes – what can we do from Super Saturday Independence Day?
- How is coronavirus changing air travel?
- Spain says 'we can't be Europe's sea rescue service': Second EU stand-off on migrants as Madrid REFUSES to take 230 from NGO boat - forcing Italy to cave in and accept some despite deputy PM's claim to have halted 'invasion'
- Boris Repeats UK Will Not Be Ruled by EU Courts and Laws, ‘Australia-Style’ Relationship an Option
- Russians hit the reset button for Putin, but questions of legitimacy linger over his long-term rule
- Delingpole: ‘Build Back Better’ – The Latest Code Phrase for Green Global Tyranny
- Russian voters overwhelmingly back a ploy by President Vladimir Putin to rule until 2036
The Latest: Salvini: 'The rules are changing in Europe' have 335 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at May 25, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.