Just as real aircraft are a lot more dangerous than sim ones, real aircraft documentation can imperil its owners in ways the sim variety can’t. This week it emerged that Oleg Tishchenko, a 42-year-old avionics expert at Eagle Dynamics in Moscow, has been extradited to the US from Georgia to face multiple charges connected with the procurement, smuggling and reselling of manuals for recent and current USAF fighters. Tishchenko claims he sourced the manuals to aid him in his development work. Eagle Dynamics has denied all involvement insisting “its employee acted in a purely private context and for his own personal interests.” It seems back in 2011 Tishchenko used the ED forums to request help in obtaining a series of F-16A/B manuals that were, at the time, for sale on eBay (the seller had made it clear he couldn’t ship outside the USA for legal reasons). In a subsequently deleted thread, Moby, a helpful/naïve forumite from Dallas, agreed to forward the items, not realising that by doing so he was breaking several US laws. According to the charges, between January 2012 and September 2015 Tishchenko then sold pdf versions of several different F-16 manuals to individuals in “Cyprus, Japan, Netherlands,… Read full this story
- Premature Evaluation: For The Warp
- Best Minecraft skins (2020) - download links included!
- Doctors turns 20: How the medical soap gave the likes of Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge, GoT star Emilia Clarke and The Crown's Claire Foy their first acting break during two decades on the BBC
- Sea Of Thieves is setting sail for Steam
- Case against the Nigerian elite
- Making a microscope without a lens
- What’s Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- Chaos in the courts as justice system rushed to restore order
- Jude Law's ex Cat Cavelli makes it through to the next stage of The Voice UK as she stuns judge Olly Murs with her vocals in the Battle Rounds
- Abelia ‘Kaleidoscope’ good in a tight spot
The Flare Path: RTFM have 318 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 17, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.