Illustrative image (Source: copadata.com) HCM City (VNA) – An international symposium entitled “Ho Chi Minh City in network of smart cities in ASEAN: opportunities and challenges” took place in Ho Chi Minh City on May 24. Speaking at the event, Rector of the Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities Ngo Thi Phuong Lan said commitment among ASEAN countries’ governments on building a network of smart cities in the region was adopted at the 32nd ASEAN Summit in Singapore in April 2018. She said Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang will join the network of 26 regional smart cities. Reports at the event touched upon Ho Chi Minh City’s smart city development in socio-economic-cultural, and technical-environment aspects. Participants also discussed experience and lessons learnt from ASEAN and foreign countries. They highlighted the need to devise a proper roadmap to keep typical characteristics of the city intact. Dr. Vu Thi Mai Oanh from the Ho Chi Minh City Cadre Academy said the use of modern technology in socio-technical infrastructure and management of smart cities is inevitable, but what matters is how to keep the Vietnamese identity there. Malaysian architect Michael Ling Tiing Soon said the… Read full this story
- Shopping In Ho Chi Minh City
- Park City Discount Lift Tickets - Tips, Tricks For Cheap Park City Lift Tickets
- New York City Golf Tee Times Are Hard To Come By
- LED Cities - Shining Examples of Lighting Efficiency
- Vacation Getaway to South Africa - Sun City & Lost City
- Smart Women Develop a Mindset - "Ready, Fire, Aim"
- Seattle City Guide - A Ride Through Seattle City
- Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City!
- Exploring the City of Merida - Investing in Yucatan Peninsula Condominium Properties
- Tai Chi - Getting To A Deeper Understanding
Symposium talks Ho Chi Minh City smart city development have 288 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.