Deputy Minister of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs Nguyen Thi Ha speaks at the workshop in Hai Phong city on May 6 (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – The rate of women parliamentarians in Vietnam has reached 27.1 percent, higher than regional and global averages, which is an achievement in the realisation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BDPA). This outcome was highlighted at a workshop held in northern Hai Phong city on May 6 to review the 25-year implementation of the BDPA – one of the world’s most comprehensive documents on gender equality and women empowerment. The world will mark 25 years of the BDPA and five years of the Sustainable Development Goals in 2020, which will also be the final year of Vietnam’s first national strategy for gender equality. Vietnam will prepare for a new strategy on the issue for the 2021-2030 period. According to UN Women, Vietnam has stepped up gender mainstreaming in law making and enforcement, launched concrete programmes and plans on gender equality, and moved to prevent and fight gender-based violence. It has also increased activities to communicate gender equality to people and empower women in society. These efforts have helped improve women’s role… Read full this story
- Did Crimes Against Women See a Decline When One Among Them Took the CM’s Chair in India ?
- Alcohol-related deaths have doubled in the US and women are at an increased risk, study says
- US suicide rates fall by up to six percent for every $1 increase in the minimum wage, study finds
- Overworked Saigon women have no time to have babies
- Debt will kill the global economy. But it seems no one cares
- A drink a day tied to higher breast cancer risk, report says
- Pessimists are predicting a global crash in 2020. You can see why
- Freezing your eggs does NOT guarantee you will get pregnant: Women have just an 18% chance of conceiving after having the £8,000 procedure, finds study
- World's glaciers continue to melt at historic rates
- India’s under-5 mortality of girls exceeds that of boys, unlike global trend, says report
Rate of women parliamentarians in VN higher than global average have 334 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 7, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.