Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc had a meeting in Hanoi on May 11 with Myanmar President Win Myint, who is in Vietnam to attend the UN Day of Vesak celebration.
The two leaders expressed their delight at the countries’ thriving relations in various fields, especially since bilateral ties were lifted to a comprehensive cooperative partnership in 2017.
Applauding the recent strides in defence and security cooperation, they agreed that aside from effectively implementing the reached agreements, the two sides will consider expanding cooperation to potential spheres, including navy, military medicine, defence industry, logistics, search and rescue, and fighting crimes related to national and regional security.
They also agreed to promote negotiations for the early signing of a memorandum of understanding on mutual assistance in criminal matters.
PM Phuc welcomed President Win Myint to the UN Day of Vesak celebration in Vietnam.
The visiting leader said under the theme “Buddhist Approach to Global Leadership and Shared Responsibilities for Sustainable Societies”, this year’s celebration will help bring into play the core values of Buddhism to resolve major challenges, thereby contributing to peace, cooperation and development.-VNA
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu resists President Obama on peace compromises before White House meeting
- Thousands celebrate victory of Narendra Modi, India’s next prime minister
- Australia swears in new Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to lead divided government
- Russian Prime Minister Medvedev wants punk rock band Pussy Riot to be freed
- Lucas Papademos named Greece's new prime minister
- President Obama, First Lady Michelle welcome U.K. Prime Minister Cameron for lavish State Dinner
- Two police officers in Italy shot outside prime minister’s office as new government is sworn in a mile away
- Secretary of State John Kerry visits Israel to discuss Syria situation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- President Obama to host Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at the White House in hopes of mending relationship
- Obama, UK Prime Minister Cameron get lesson in Welsh school ahead of NATO summit