Cairo (VNA) – The Vietnamese Embassy in Egypt on May 16 held a ceremony to mark the 129th birthday of President Ho Chi Minh (May 19).
The event saw the attendance of Egyptian officials, ambassadors and representatives of foreign diplomatic corps in Egypt, international scholars and representatives of the Vietnamese community in the country.
In his remarks, Vietnamese Ambassador to Egypt Tran Thanh Cong recalled President Ho Chi Minh’s theoretical and practical contributions to communist and national liberation movements in the world, especially those in Africa, including Egypt.
President Ho Chi Minh is a great friend of Egyptian people, and a symbol of the friendship, solidarity and loyalty between Vietnam and Egypt, the diplomat said, noting that he laid a firm foundation for the traditional friendship and multi-faceted cooperation between the two countries.
Egyptian guests expressed their impressions and sentiments towards Vietnam, and lauded the country’s development in such spheres as economy, culture and science-technology.
Within the framework of the event, the embassy held photo exhibition featuring President Ho Chi Minh, and displayed documents and newspapers on the late leader.-VNA
- President Trump celebrates his 72nd birthday
- Maxine Waters: Impeach President Trump for My 80th Birthday!
- Khai trương Đại lý Honda Ôtô thứ 5 tại Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
- Watch President Obama Get Down To Some Freestyle Vietnamese Rap
- A Taiwanese hacker says he’s going to delete Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook account on Sunday and livestream the whole event
- Donald Trump Trolls Democrats on Maxine Waters’ 80th Birthday
- Exclusive—Louie Gohmert: Mark Meadows Would Make an ‘Outstanding’ White House Chief of Staff
- Freedom Caucus Fights for the Border Wall as Chairman Mark Meadows in Running for White House Chief of Staff
- Trump endorses GOP Rep. Mark Sanford's primary challenger
- Melania Trump's public absence continues, won't join President at Camp David