0 Have your say A Pizza Hut waiter put the life of a two-year-old boy on the line when he ordered him a meal he was allergic to. James Butterworth, 32, of Lauderdale Avenue ordered a non-vegan pizza for Zayaan Hussain, who has a dairy allergy, while working at the food giant’s restaurant in Church Street in Blackpool town centre. The lad’s parents, Sajid and Samia Hussain, had informed Butterworth of their son’s allergy as they entered the restaurant, and were reassured that vegan options were available.But Butterworth made a potentially deadly mistake by accidentally asking chefs for a vegetarian dish instead.He later corrected the order – but only after little Zayaan had already tucked in. Zayaan was rushed to hospital struggling to breathe.Butterworth admitted his mistake in Blackpool Magistrates’ Court and, at his sentencing on Thursday, District Judge Jane Goodwin heard how Zayaan fell seriously ill within minutes of taking just a few bites of cheese pizza last April. Lynda Bennett, representing Blackpool Council, said: “After just a few bites the child started looking tired, itching his eyes and generally wanting his mum, which were signs that something was not quite right. He then started to break into hives.”The… Read full this story
- 10 Reasons Washington Is a Great Restaurant City
- Great News for Pizza Lovers: Marco's Pizza Opens in Bellmead
- My favorite restaurant served the worst meal of my life. Now I'm torn.
- ‘All-you-can-eat’ pizza festival apologises for running out of pizza
- Ask The Salty Waitress: What should I consider before proposing in a restaurant?
- Tech improves your life, but are you willing to pay the monthly cost?
- Earning its crust: Pizza Express hires advisers over £1bn debt
- UK's appetite for gourmet takeaway fuels restaurant delivery boom
- 'I've missed this face!': David Beckham shares a number of cosy snaps with Brooklyn as they reunite in NYC... days after revealing his 'concern' for his son in the city
- Phantom Gourmet: Great 8 Meal Deals
‘Pizza restaurant meal mix-up could have cost us our son’s life’ have 322 words, post on www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.