Hanoi (VNA) – Five domestic airlines has reported 4,232 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 15.9 percent of the total, from March 19 to April 18.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV), Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air, Jetstar Pacific, Bamboo Airways and Vietnam Air Services Company (VASCO) together operated a total of 26,553 flights in the period.
Jetstar Pacific delayed or cancelled 592 out of its 2,851 operated flights, representing the highest rate among the five airlines, at 20.8 percent.
Vietjet Air took the second place with 1,975 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 17.5 percent of its total during the period.
National flag carrier Vietnam Airlines reported 1,491 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 14.7 percent of its total, while the figures for VASCO were 113 flights and 9.4 percent.
The freshly-launched Bamboo Airways posted 94 delayed or cancelled flights, accounting for 7.1 percent of its total.
The CAAV said the main reasons for the delays and cancellations were late arrivals, the airlines’ operation problems, and weather conditions.
Other reasons included issues related to flight management and operation, and the equipment and services at airports, the agency said.
The CAAV unveiled that it will add more sanctions on flight licensing to curb the issue, adding that airlines running a high rate of delays and cancellations might have their airport slot revoked. The slot gives an airline the right to operate at an airport at particular times.-VNA
- Flight delay compensation – how to claim back £530 per person if your trip is delayed
- Monsoon hits Mumbai, multiple flights delayed, trains running late
- Flights delayed again at CLT, leaving frustrated passengers to wonder: What happened?
- More technical issues cause flight delays into Charlotte airport
- Air India flight delayed by almost 6 hrs due to ‘technical reasons’
- Delhi: Air India flights delayed at IGI airport due to server failure
- Flight delays expected at Birmingham Airport following runway closure
- Man whose stag party easyJet flight was cancelled says crew should be sacked
- Flight delays 'left passengers stranded'
- Twenty-five Air India flights delayed due to software malfunction