Agents of North Korea reportedly planted a GPS tracking device in the toy frog of a young girl they knew was about to defect to her parents who had already fled and were now living in South Korea. According to South Korea’s The Chosun Ilbo , testimony delivered on Thursday by defectors revealed that North Korea is using the GPS devices to capture traffickers helping people living under the dictatorship to escape. One instance highlighted by the testimony, provided by the Caleb Mission, an organization which supports defectors and refugees, was of a nine-year-old girl whose parents had successfully defected to the South. They were attempting to orchestrate her escape. Before the girl left North Korea for China, a man gave her a stuffed frog and said: “This is a gift for you. Give it to your mom,” The Chosun Ilbo reported. After she arrived at the Chinese safe house, the trafficker inspected the frog and discovered the GPS tracking device inside of it. Alarmed, he left the device undisturbed, fearing he might trigger a raid of the house if he removed it. It is not clear what happened to him or the little girl. Caleb Mission did not respond… Read full this story
- GPs are being forced to THROW AWAY leftover vaccines rather than give them to NHS staff or patients who need second doses under 'ludicrous' rule – as hospitals are told to clear as many beds as possible ahead of mass influx of Covid patients
- Killer Chinese coronavirus 'may be passed through SALIVA' as outbreak reaches Taiwan, death toll rises to six and 300 patients are struck down - and experts predict mystery disease will continue to spread
- Mass roll-out of Covid vaccines for the over-70s 'could begin NEXT WEEK' - as expert warns BOTH Brazilian variants are 'likely' now in the UK but says current wave HAS peaked
- UK daily Covid deaths rise by over 1,000 for a fifth day in a row with 1,295 - but infections are down by a THIRD week-on-week with 41,346 new cases
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 16
- Now schools face a 'postcode lottery' for reopening - as top medic Dr Jenny Harries warns it is 'likely' they will return at different times and hints they WILL remain closed until after Easter
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 11
- Dominic Raab hints people WON'T get second Covid jabs within 12 weeks and says some first injections might not be before September - despite 10 new vaccine hubs and Hancock claim that we are 'in home straight'
- The battle for Kimye's $2.2BILLION fortune: How warring couple will fight over their $100m real estate, $3.8m car collection and $300,000 livestock as they prepare for 'divorce' showdown
- Are you as brainy as Google? Top 50 questions kids ask online…answered by TV’s Bobby Seagull
North Korea Planted GPS Tracking Device in Child's Toy Frog as She Defected to Locate Her Parents in South Korea have 451 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.