Hanoi will open a new bus route connecting Noi Bai International Airport and Ha Dong District, the Vietnam News Agency reported on Tuesday.
|Bus route No. 86 connecting Noi Bai Airport and Ha Noi Railway Station was launched three years ago. – VNA/VNS Photo Viet Hung|
It takes 70 to 75 minutes to travel the entire 40.7km route.
The buses will run every 30 minutes from Me Linh Plaza in Ha Dong District from 5am until 9:30pm. For the opposite direction from Noi Bai Airport’s Domestic terminal T1, buses will operate from 6:28am to 9:30pm.
A ticket will cost VND40,000 (US$1.72) per trip.
There will be 68 trips along the route per day.
Each bus can carry up to 80 passengers with free Wifi on board.
According to Vu Van Vien, director of Hanoi’s Department of Transport, the high-quality bus route will save travelling time compared to subsidised public bus routes as there will be fewer stops.
“By opening a new bus route, it will help ease the traffic pressure on roads to the airport as well as meet the demand of people who want to travel to Hanoi’s southwest area and vice versa,” he said.
At present, there are five bus routes to Noi Bai Airport including four subsidised ones: No 07 Cau Giay – Noi Bai, No 17 Long Bien – Noi Bai, No 90 Kim Ma – Noi Bai, No 109 My Dinh Bus station – Noi Bai and the high-quality bus route No 86 Hanoi Railway Station – Hoan Kiem Lake – Noi Bai.
The No 86 bus route, which was launched in 2016, is Hanoi’s first non-subsidised route connecting the city centre with Noi Bai Airport, costing VND30,000 ($1.35) per trip.
The route has been welcomed by both local residents and tourists for its competitive price and good service.
- London City Airport setting sights on Airbus passenger plane that's part-made in Northern Ireland
- Hillsborough Co. parent concerned about 2 hour long bus route to school
- St. Anthony hotel launches new breakfast, lunch restaurant in artistic setting
- How 'Microcracks' Undermined San Francisco's New Bus Terminal
- Lemon Laine sets opening for Heights Mercantile store
- A new, fresher look for Google account settings is being tested
- [Update: Rolling out across Android now] A new, fresher look for Google Account settings is being tested
- Fox, HMV launch new bus shelter purchasing system
- Kimmel Debuts Donald Trump and Billy Bush’s Brand New Bus-Themed Travel Show
- New deals could help scientific societies survive open access