At the workshop (Photo: www.mic.gov.vn) Hanoi (VNA) – An international workshop on mobile money to promote financial inclusion was held by the Ministry of Information and Communication (MIC) in Hanoi on May 23. The two-day event is designed to provide a comprehensive view on mobile money, a technology that allows people to receive, store and spend money using a mobile phone. It also shares experiences and lessons from the implementation of the service in many countries worldwide, as well as put forward recommendations for Vietnam in a bid to enhance the country’s financial inclusion and support its digital transition. Addressing the event, Minister of Information and Communication Nguyen Manh Hung said if Vietnam approves trial run of Mobile Money in 2019, the country will be the 91st nation operating the service in the world. By the end of 2018, nearly 900 million people in 90 nations use Mobile Money, doing transactions worth 1.3 billion USD per day, he noted. The minister added that mobile money will be a solution that strongly promotes cashless payment and help poor people in mountainous and remote areas access paid services on the Internet, including health, education, finance, jobs and social welfare, among others. Participants… Read full this story
- Mobile money revolution hits Ethiopia
- TVL to pilot new mobile money platform
- MBB promotes financial literacy among entrepreneurs
- MBB promotes financial literacy amongst entrepreneurs
- TV Licensing to spend £1.7m of BBC licence fee payers’ money promoting the annual charge
- 1 in 3 bosses say staff are underperforming because of money problems
- What might trigger the next global financial crisis?
- 1 in 5 bosses are less likely to promote a woman that's pregnant or has kids
- New rules coming to protect 1.5m people from exploitative mobile contracts
- Make a load of cash from your old clothes with these money-saving tips — plus how you can win £15k
Mobile money to promote financial inclusion in VN: workshop have 295 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 23, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.