Dien Bien (VNA) – Border guards of the northwestern mountainous province of Dien Bien and Lao competent forces on May 18 arrested two Lao men for smuggling 120,000 meth pills.
The arrested are 42-year-old Thao Denh Cha, residing in Phon Na My hamlet, Nam Bac district, Luang Prabang province; and 22-year-old Thao Na Song from Hua Na hamlet, Nam Bac district.
Both were captured in Nam Thon hamlet, Nam Bac district, with the meth pills, together with two mobile phones and other objects.
The men confessed that they had received the meth at the Golden Triangle – a mountainous area on the borders of Laos, Thailand and Myanmar, and were on their way to trade it with a Vietnamese.
They were handed over to Luang Prabang’s security force for treatment.-VNA
- Protests follow outrage after two black men arrested at Philly Starbucks
- Two black men arrested at Starbucks settle with Philadelphia for $2
- Six men arrested for killing, eating monkey
- Gang rape: three men arrested
- Man Linked To Properties Searched For Missing Men Arrested On Firearms Charge
- Couple arrested for trafficking drugs from Laos
- Lao drug trafficker arrested, 94,000 synthetic drug pills seized
- Women with Type 2 diabetes are LESS likely to be prescribed statins than men - despite condition raising the risk to their hearts
- Bali holiday hell: Australian tourist, 25, claims she was arrested at the airport and told she'd be jailed for FIVE YEARS for bringing her prescription drugs with her - unless she coughed up $40,000
- Shocking moment violence erupts at a Louisiana Walmart after three family members resist arrest after 'shouting racists remarks at a store worker' - and two are charged with battery of a cop