Quang Nam (VNA) – The Vocalista Angels Yason Christy Pranowo choir from Indonesia won the top prize at the sixth Vietnam International Choir Competition which took place in Hoi An city in the central province of Quang Nam from May 15-19.
The choir overcame 20 other choirs with nearly 1,000 artists from 10 countries and territories to take the first place at the biennial event.
The five-day event was jointly held by Interkultur, the world’s leading organiser of international choir competitions and festivals, and Hoi An city’s People’s Committee.
Twenty one choirs come from Vietnam, China, Estonia, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore and the US to the event. The host Vietnam has six choirs competing in the event.
The organisers present 10 sets of medals to category winners.-VNA
- Engineering students win international James Dyson Award for low-cost melanoma cancer diagnostic tool
- Credit card-sized gadget that can diagnose skin cancer wins international James Dyson Award
- Boys mind their language to win speaking contest
- Aberdeen boss McInnes: Moments of madness cost us but we had our chances to win Celtic contest
- Thetford’s Jade Bailey battles back to win international beauty pageant title Miss Regency International
- St Albans student wins international photography competition
- Worcester green campaigns win international awards
- Three Pakistani students win international acclaim for outstanding space research
- Norfolk photographer wins international award
- Pakistan's all-girl team set to participate in International Formula Student racing event