Pupils in Year 3 of St Bernard’s First School gave a presentation on the impact of sugar on teeth to their parents, guardians and other guests yesterday. Among these guests were the Minister for Health Neil Costa, the GHA dentist Emma Caetano, Charles Russo, a dietitian at the GHA, Jane Russell from Crafty Cupcake and public health promotion officers Daya Dewfall and Emily Lopez. The event was “the accumulation of a project based cycle the children actually started on around book week when they were working on Roald Dahl’s books and they focused on the famous story ‘Charlie and the chocolate factory’,” said head teacher Sonia Lopez. “I want to emphasise the volume of work, the volume of knowledge and understanding that has gone in to this whole process which has involved the teachers and the children working together and learning together,” she added. The children took it in turns to give a short synopsis of the book before talking about chocolate itself. They had conducted a tasting poll to find out which chocolate was the most favourite out of dark, milk and white, with dark being the less popular. After this, they sang a song about how much they… Read full this story
- Ant McPartlin will not appear in court tomorrow for drink-driving charges
- Always With A Smile: In my birthday suit for the Maldon Mud Race
- This video to celebrate autism will make you smile
- 'She's always smiling... she's my wife, the superwoman'
- Brain tumour causes girl 'to see parents as Dementors' with black holes for eyes
- Parents 'accused of theft' in Lidl after autistic son opened sweets
- These stories of people doing anonymous good deeds are guaranteed to make you smile
- Ant McPartlin will face drink-driving charge in court alone as Dec jets to US
- Thousands of parents consider withdrawing primary school children from Sats exams over mental health concerns
- Festival-goers putting themselves at risk of gas poisoning, nurses warn
Dental awareness drive puts smile on parents’ faces have 315 words, post on chronicle.gi at May 9, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.