COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Twenty of his rivals have lined up to run for president, believing the race for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination was wide open. But one week after launching his campaign, former Vice President Joe Biden is threatening to prove them wrong. His liabilities may be glaring, but the 76-year-old lifelong politician has quickly emerged as the front-runner in the crowded contest by dominating the debate that matters most to many voters: electability. Biden’s chief opponents privately concede that, for now at least, he has successfully cast himself as the candidate who can take down President Donald Trump. He may be out of step with the heart of the party on key issues, but Biden opens the race backed by a broad coalition of voters attracted to his personality, his governing experience and his working-class background — all elements that help convince voters he is better positioned than any other Democrat to deny Trump a second term. One after another, voters who filled a community center in South Carolina’s capital to see Biden this weekend described him as a safe, comforting and competent counterpoint to the turbulent Trump presidency. “With him you feel whole, and the country… Read full this story
- Kirsten Gillibrand announces campaign for 2020 presidential election
- DR Congo’s Felix Tshisekedi: From opposition scion to provisional president-elect
- Joe Biden reminded of past 'humanitarian' actions after he blasts Maduro over aid block
- “PROHIBITED VOTE = DEFRAUDED ELECTIONS”. The bloc ‘ACUM’ demands that Diaspora is able to vote with expired passports // VIDEO
- After static summer, Democratic race enters a chaotic fall
- Opinion: With Kamala Harris in the race, Trump stands no chance of winning in 2020
- Who is Kamala Harris and can she win in 2020?
- DR Congo declares winner of presidential race, as runner-up denounces 'electoral coup'
- Which US 2020 candidates won 2018?
- Call Warren what she is — the frontrunner
Biden’s strength fueled by perception of his electability have 306 words, post on apnews.com at May 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.