10 early symptoms of Parkinson’s disease BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Around 1 in 500 people in the UK are affected by Parkinson’s disease, but many of us are still in the dark when it comes to spotting the symptoms, whether in a loved one or ourselves. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/health/10-early-symptoms-of-parkinsons-disease-38107454.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article38108852.ece/453b8/AUTOCROP/h342/90799-1-_Read-Only_.jpg Email Around 1 in 500 people in the UK are affected by Parkinson’s disease, but many of us are still in the dark when it comes to spotting the symptoms, whether in a loved one or ourselves. Katie Goates, communications manager at Parkinson’s UK, explains just 10 potential signs of Parkinson’s… 1. Reduced sense of smell While a reduced sense of smell doesn’t mean you’ll necessarily develop Parkinson’s, the majority of patients report this. “You might notice that your sense of smell is not as strong as it was or has disappeared.” says Goates. “For example, you may struggle to smell your favourite foods.” A loss of smell can sometimes occur several years before other symptoms develop. 2. Disturbed sleep Tossing and turning all night? “Changes in your sleep pattern might be another early sign of Parkinson’s,” warns Goates. “Sleep and night-time problems are common and can affect you at any stage of the condition,… Read full this story
- Study suggests there’s a ‘smell test’ for Parkinson’s disease
- Leonia's Alan Alda reveals on 'CBS This Morning' he has Parkinson's disease
- Comedian with Parkinson's performs while he still can
- Breath test to detect multiple cancers early begins large trial
- Robin Williams' widow speaks: Depression didn't kill my husband
- Comedian finds humor in life with Parkinson’s
- Footballers are FIVE times more likely to get ALS which killed Hawking
- Favorite images of 2018: Southern Utah photographers share stories behind the photos
- Medical marijuana: Enquirer estimates 3.5 million Ohioans could be eligible. That's far more than state predicts will use it.
- For Staunton child with Rett syndrome, NY clinical trial offers hope against rare disorder
10 early symptoms of Parkinson's disease have 334 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.