Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the Emirates News Agency (WAM) of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have agreed to establish professional cooperative relations, aiming to provide the public in their respective countries with information on the political, social, economic and cultural life in the other country.
This content was underlined in a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on bilateral cooperation signed by VNA Director General Nguyen Duc Loi and WAM Executive Director Mohamed Jalal Alrayssi in Hanoi on April 19 within the framework of the 44th Executive Board Meeting of the Organisation of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA) hosted by the VNA.
According to the MoU, the two sides agreed to exchange English news, photos, and video news on a daily basis, which will be published on their respective news channels and provided for press agencies in Vietnam and the UAE for usage.
The two news agencies will also arrange professional exchanges between their reporters and editors in the fields of journalism, TV news production, social media, and publishing.
The WAM was founded in November 1976 and started publishing news serving foreign audiences on politics, society and economy of the UAE in June 1977.
At present, WAM’s news is published in 13 languages, including English, Russia, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Turkish and Hindi on the website http://wam.ae.
Meanwhile, with the role of a “national news bank”, the State-owned VNA provides official and mainstream information for press outlets at home and abroad.
With more than 60 media products, the VNA has the largest number of information products and forms among press agencies in the country, from source news in the forms of text, photo, television, infographics and audio to publications such as dailies, weeklies, magazines, pictorials, books, e-newspapers, websites, online newspapers, and information on mobile platforms and social networks, among others.
As the key national press agency for external affairs, the VNA provides domestic and foreign media outlets with news in Vietnamese, Chinese, English, French and Spanish. It also has print newspapers and e-newspapers in 10 languages: Vietnamese, Lao, Khmer, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, English, French and Spanish.
The VNA boasts bilateral and multilateral partnerships with more than 40 news agencies and large international media organisations. It is a member of the OANA Executive Board.
Its news published on media channels of partner agencies has helped improve the effectiveness of Vietnam’s external information service.-VNA
- Vietnam world’s second-best destination for expats to live and work: survey
- WB chief economist suggests actions for Vietnam to overcome challenges
- Mason Bennett reacts to news of his Derby County injury blow
- 13 European news agencies unite against fake news
- Well-crafted PPP law to help upgrade Vietnam’s infrastructure: ADB experts
- Vietnam to convene closed training with Van Hau’s return
- Vietnam demands China immediately withdraw vessels from its waters
- 'Tragic news': Man (22) dies after crash on M1 motorway
- Opinion: Foreigners only copy locals in disobeying traffic laws in Vietnam
- Head of Russia's military spy agency accused over Salisbury attack dies after illness at 63