By Jennifer Pagliaro City Hall Bureau Mon., April 29, 2019 As the province now considers offering one-time funding to help offset cuts to Toronto Public Health, Mayor John Tory is targeting MPPs in Premier Doug Ford’s PC caucus with letters outlining the risk of losing vital programs in their home ridings. On Monday, Tory sent personalized letters to all 11 PC MPPs representing Toronto ridings, including Premier Doug Ford, who was elected in Etobicoke North. The letter outlined “front-line programs” delivered in their areas, which, Tory wrote, “are now under review and at risk of being severely curtailed or cancelled.” The letter contains a specific list of programs, including student nutrition in schools and child-care programs are which inspected “to reduce the risk of infectious diseases and other health risks.” The letters end with a request from Tory urging MPPs to speak to Health Minister Christine Elliott about reversing the decision. The letters follow news on April 18 that the province was changing the funding formula for cost-shared programs, with deeper cuts for Toronto than for the rest of the province. Article Continued Below In Toronto, the cut this year will be retroactive to April 1 and leaves a $65… Read full this story
- Spanish mayors call for investment in public services in coronavirus' aftermath
- Reverse Quarantine: 10 steps to protect the elderly and the vulnerable from COVID19
- Atlanta mayor slams Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp's 'irresponsible' decision to reopen bowling alleys and beauty parlors and says he's 'sacrificing lives for the sake of the economy'
- Public wearing masks 'could put NHS supplies at risk', health chief warns as government scientists are today still expected to NOT recommend Britons use them after lockdown
- Coronavirus: China didn’t warn public of likely pandemic for six key days
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area stay-home orders estimated to have saved thousands, Marin health officer says
- Travellers may need documents to prove their health
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls for Las Vegas Mayor to Resign Following Viral Interview with Anderson Cooper
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Georges Benjamin says cutting WHO funds could be crime against humanity; COVID-19 cases surpass 2 million
- Georgia faces pressure to reconsider its reopening
Toronto mayor steps up pressure on PC MPPs over public health cuts have 346 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 29, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.