Next to the Warriors’ new arena in San Francisco’s Mission Bay, Uber’s four new headquarters buildings are rising. The ride-hailing giant, which has filed to go public this year, plans to move 7,000 employees there starting in 2020. About a mile west, Airbnb transformed a 1917 battery warehouse in Showplace Square into a gleaming headquarters with four glass-wrapped floors surrounding an atrium with a three-story living wall. The vacation-rental marketplace will reportedly go public by late next year. And a few blocks away in the South of Market area, Pinterest, the image-sharing service that had its initial public offering Thursday, recently signed a 490,000-square-foot lease — San Francisco’s largest this year — at 88 Bluxome St., a project that hasn’t yet been approved by the city. The company already leases three offices nearby along Brannan Street. The boom in initial public offerings coincides with an increase in hiring and follows record-setting years in office leasing. Uber, Airbnb and Pinterest are now among San Francisco’s 10 largest private tenants, according to real estate brokerage Cushman & Wakefield. Uber rival Lyft and messaging software maker Slack, both of which expanded their offices in the past year, are among the top 40 largest… Read full this story
- Video: Clean tech accelerator opens in San Francisco
- San Francisco was the place to be for people in tech. Then it wasn't.
- San Francisco tech companies lose champion with death of mayor Ed Lee
- Airbnb purges thousands of its San Francisco listings overnight
- Someone is attacking Apple buses outside of San Francisco
- Calendar Check: San Francisco Web Innovators
- Startup founders are older, more diverse, and don’t live in San Francisco
- How Mayor Ed Lee remade San Francisco in Big Tech’s image
- Dropbox shares soared today in biggest tech IPO since Snapchat
- San Francisco Adds Social Networking Element to Emergency, Disaster Planning
Tech IPOs add fuel to San Francisco’s office boom have 296 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 20, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.