Indonesia only holds about 1.26 percent of the global handicraft market, prompting calls for the government to do more to promote local products around the world.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo supported the idea of showcasing Indonesian handicraft products through an online craft exhibition to try and boost Indonesia’s share in the global market.“I have been informed that our market share is only 1.26 in the global market. That is too small. We have to boost our market share,” said Jokowi when opening the 21st International Handicraft Trade Fair (Inacraft 2019) at the Jakarta Conventional Center on Wednesday.The President said establishing Inacraft Online would help present Indonesian handicraft products to the potential buyers from across the globe. He said an online exhibition could afford potential buyers easy access to Indonesian handicraft.Jokowi said Indonesian handicraft producers were ready with various products that could be offered through the online market.“We have to lift the products to the online ecosystem through the national marketplace that could be linked to the global marketplace,” he said, adding that Indonesian handicraft already had a market segment that could be expanded through a global marketplace.Meanwhile, Indonesian Handicraft Producers and Exporters Association (Asephi) deputy chairman Gusmardi Bustamil said the association… Read full this story
- Online tutors boosting incomes as demand surges due to coronavirus lockdowns
- Coronavirus shuts art fairs, museums: Galleries respond with virtual viewing rooms
- Market crashes to three-year low
- Short sellers may lift the market to protect gains
- 5 newly-listed firms have proved an oasis in return-starved Indian market
- Nissan Discontinues Brand Datsun In Indonesia
- Almost 50% of the world is online. What about the other 50%?
- Smoking hot! Cam girl, 25, who earns $1,000 a month from SMOKING for her viewers says the COVID-19 pandemic has boosted her business as people at home look for entertainment online
- A $2 trillion boost from Congress is a good start. Expect more
- The first book on stock market sold for $300K at Sotheby's online auction
Online fair to boost Indonesia’s handicraft market share: Jokowi have 316 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at April 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.