It was the first time Kim stated North Korea’s position on the second U.S.-North Korea summit in Hanoi that collapsed in February, and signalled a continued focus on economic development, a strategic direction officially declared a priority last April. On North Korea’s position on the summit, Kim said he would double down on efforts to create a self-supporting national economy “so as to deal a telling blow to the hostile forces who go with bloodshot eyes miscalculating that sanctions can bring (North Korea) to its knees,” state media Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said on Thursday. U.S.-North Korean engagement has appeared to be in limbo since the Feb. 27-28 summit in Hanoi, which collapsed over differences about how far North Korea was willing to limit its nuclear programme and the degree of U.S. willingness to ease economic sanctions. Kim has continued to highlight his economic push in recent weeks despite the lack of sanctions relief. State media have published images and reports of Kim’s visits to at least four economic projects in five days over the past week, including a remodelled department store, tourist resorts, and an economic hub near the border with China. At a similar plenary session last year,… Read full this story
- North Korea Says Recent Missile Launch Was ‘Warning’ to ‘South Korean Warmongers’ - Report
- I’m the Un for you! We’re your only real friends, North Korea’s Kim tells Chinese President during summit
- The North Korea Summit Is Back On—But Don’t Expect Miracles
- Kim Jong-un celebrates official opening of North Korea's 'socialist utopia', built with 'slave labour'
- Kim Jong Un rides a white horse up a sacred mountain alongside his wife in visit 'signifying major announcement' after North Korea warned the US to expect a 'Christmas gift' if nuke talks do not progress
- North Korea is testing ballistic missiles again — but where's Donald Trump's 'fire and fury'?
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un tells scientists to build better nuclear weapons
- North Korea warns US of 'Christmas gift' as Kim visits Mt Paektu on horseback
- Kim Jong Un rides again as North Korea warns US against using military force
- North Korea warns US to prepare for 'Christmas gift,' but no one's sure what to expect
North Korea's Kim says must deliver 'blow' to those imposing sanctions: KCNA have 372 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.