Kim is seeking support in Pyongyang’s nuclear deadlock with the U.S. His armoured train rolled in to the Tsarist-era station in Russia’s Pacific port city of Vladivostok, where the summit will take place on Thursday. Wearing a long black coat and fedora, Kim stepped out onto a red carpet on the station platform before making his way outside where he was received by an honour guard and military band. His limousine drove off after the ceremony, bodyguards in suits running alongside. The talks, only confirmed at the last minute, will be Kim’s first face-to-face meeting with another head of state since returning from his Hanoi summit with U.S. President Donald Trump, which broke down in February without a deal on the North’s nuclear arsenal. “I hope this visit will be successful and useful,” Kim told Russian television in the border town of Khasan, where women in folk costumes welcomed him with bread and salt in a traditional greeting. “I hope that during the talks… I will be able to have concrete discussions on resolving situations on the Korean Peninsula and on the development of our bilateral relationship,” Kim said. Putin was due to arrive in Vladivostok on Thursday, then fly… Read full this story
- North Korea claims successful test of intercontinental ballistic missile
- Vice President Mike Pence says "we have options" in North Korea
- Trump takes historic walk from the DMZ into North Korean territory as he meets Kim Jong-un, who hails him as 'courageous' - and the president invites dictator to visit the U.S. and announces resumption of 'concrete negotiations'
- North and South Korean leaders make nuclear pledge
- Russia Knows Perpetrators of Attack on its Syrian Bases, It's Not Turkey - Putin
- Trump, Putin discuss Mueller probe in first conversation since report's release
- When Donald met Kim, Notre Dame in flames and a royal kiss: Pictures of the decade show incredible ups and downs of life around the world since 2010
- As Trump says Putin 'not my enemy', skeptics in U.S. see danger
- Russian Election Hacking Pits U.S. Spy Against Spy
- Strap yourself in: 2020's likely to be quite a ride
North Korea's Kim in Russia for first talks with Putin have 352 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 24, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.