Khanh Hoa (VNA) – The central coastal province of Khanh Hoa will host the 2019 National Tourism Year and the 9th Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa Sea Festival, heard a press conference in Nha Trang city on April 26.
During the year themed “Colour of the Sea”, 13 activities will be jointly organised by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, other ministries and agencies, and 50 others by Khanh Hoa province and 35 ones by 14 cities and provinces nationwide.
Meanwhile, the ninth Nha Trang – Khanh Hoa Sea Festival is considered as a highlight to respond to the National Tourism Year.
Slated for May 11-14, the festival will include nearly 60 festive and cultural activities and art performances, aiming to promote the images of people and culture identity of the locality.
Besides, the festival will feature various scientific workshops, art exhibitions, and sport events.
Speaking at the press conference, Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Dac Tai said the festival aims to promote the image of a dynamic Khanh Hoa and its integration efforts to domestic and international friends.
To well prepare for the events, local authorities have enhanced state management work in relevant fields, and focused on developing infrastructure and upgrading tourism accommodations.
The festival has been held biennially since 2003 to promote local tourism. Some 120,000 foreign and domestic tourists flocked to the city during the previous festival.
A coastline of 180 kilometres, stunning natural landscapes with Van Phong, Nha Trang and Cam Ranh bays listed as the world’s most beautiful bays, and such festivals as Ponagar Temple, whale worshipping and salangane festivals are advantages for Khanh Hoa to develop tourism.
Currently, the locality has 680 accommodation facilities, with 31,700 rooms.
The province eyes to welcome 8.5 million tourists, including 3.5 million foreigners, by 2020, and earn 70 trillion VND (2.99 billion USD) in tourism revenue.-VNA
- Back to School by the Numbers: 2019–20 School Year
- 2019 Music City Food + Wine Festival: 5 things to know
- San Francisco Hosts 2019 Lawn Bowling National Championships
- 84 food trucks to serve at 2019 Main Street Food Truck Festival
- High school sports: OSSAA approves ADM for 2019-20 school year
- High school notebook: OSSAA approves ADM for 2019-20 school year
- From bustling markets to 100 rides: Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland is back for its 10th year of festive cheer
- CSS hosts a peek at Catalyst Content Festival
- The Netherlands backs out of hosting 2019 European Games
- Ravens To Host 2019 Countdown To Kickoff Party