(Island Government is a periodic roundup of Staten Island political and civic events.)STATEN ISLAND — Councilwoman Debi Rose (D-North Shore) will hold a salary negotiation workshop for women Saturday April 6 to mark Equal Pay Day.The workshop will be held at the Staten Island Museum at Snug Harbor Culture Center from 1 to 3 p.m.The workshop will train women to gain confidence in their salary negotiation style through discussion and role-play learn. “It is unconscionable that in 2019, women have to work more than 15 months to earn what men earn in 12 months,” Rose said. “For women of color, the gap is much, much wider. Black women have to work 20 months, Native American women 21 months, and Latina women 23 months. Over a lifetime, this adds up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. We deserve fair wages and dignity throughout our working lives.”LANZA TO HOST VIETNAM VETERANS’ DAY CELEBRATIONState Sen. Andrew Lanza (R-Staten Island) will hold a Vietnam Veterans’ Day Celebration.Lanza will join veterans and elected officials at the event which will take place at Tottenville High School at 2 p.m. on Saturday April 6.The event will recognize the sacrifices of those who served in Vietnam on the… Read full this story
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 2
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 4
- White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany claims 'NO-ONE' loves troops more than Donald Trump and says the fact he met dog involved in the al-Baghdadi raid and WWII veterans during a lightning storm proves it
- The constitution of the socialist republic of Viet Nam
- Trump has history of disparaging military
- Donald Trump says he believes former chief of staff John Kelly is behind claims he called dead troops 'losers' and 'suckers' as he attacks the gold star father for getting 'eaten alive' and being 'unable to function' in his White House
Island Government: Debi Rose to hold salary negotiation workshop for women; Lanza to honor Vietnam veterans have 298 words, post on www.silive.com at April 5, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.