Marco della Cava USA TODAY Published 9:25 AM EDT Apr 14, 2019 SAN FRANCISCO — In the fall of 2009, this city’s leader vanished. Mayor Gavin Newsom had been hoping to ride his controversial and prescient support of gay marriage in 2004 — nine years before the Supreme Court made such unions law — all the way to the statehouse in Sacramento. But as his polling numbers slipped and coffers ran low, Newsom suddenly realized his bid for governor against state stalwart Jerry Brown was doomed. For days, local media and even his own staffers could not find him. Newsom finally surfaced in Hawaii, licking his wounds with his wife and child. If the disappearance seemed petulant, it also spoke to his fierce desire for the job. “He’d been soaring higher and higher politically as a very young man, but that aborted race for governor brought him crashing back down to earth,” said Nathan Ballard, who was Newsom’s spokesman at the time and remains a close advisor. “Now, after champing at the bit for the role a decade ago, he’s tempered by age and wisdom and he’s not going to waste this opportunity,” he said. Nearly 100 days into his tenure as the state’s 40th governor, Newsom,… Read full this story
- Making Big Changes in Your Life
- McDonald’s makes big changes to late-night menu
- The 100 Days Overkill of President Obama
- How Can You Make Big Money Fast? Online Betting - The Secret Unlocked
- How to Make Big Money Fast? Learn to Trade in Forex Markets
- Making Big Money Fast - Finding Some Lazy Ways!
- How to Make Big Money Fast - A Secret You Should Know
- How to Make Big Money Fast Online - Anyone Can Do It!
- How to Make Big Money From Home With Article Directories (While Wearing Your Fuzzy Feet Pajamas)
- How to Make $100-Day+ From Your Web Site
As Trump battles California, Newsom makes big changes in first 100 days have 304 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at April 3, 2019. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.