Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved an action programme implementing the Government’s resolution 120/NQ-CP on sustainable development of the Mekong Delta in response to climate change.
The programme outlines six groups of tasks and solutions, including the revision, improvement and supplementation of mechanisms and policies on land to serve large-scale, highly competitive and sustainable agricultural goods production; supporting the application and transfer of science technology in agro-production; and developing urban and rural residential areas suitable with the conditions of each region.
The PM requested an appropriate agricultural production structure focusing on aquaculture, fruit and rice along with developing the green and low-carbon emission industry, renewable energy and forestation, as well as protecting coastal areas.
He suggested developing service – tourism into a strong economic sector by tapping the delta’s potential and natural advantages as well as its cultural characteristics.
Investment projects on infrastructure development must have a reasonable roadmap and prioritise works which can boost the whole region’s economy and society, as well as essential facilities for local people.
The PM also urged the prevention of erosion and subsidence in coastal areas and river banks via reinforcing the sea dyke and irrigation systems, developing mangrove forests and building flood-proof houses.-VNA
- Consumption is the bottleneck for sustainable development
- New guide: How science academies can support the sustainable development goals
- Vietnam announces top 100 sustainable enterprises in 2018
- What those developers really mean
- Prompt action needed to take advantage of FTAs
- Cybersecurity considerations for outsourcing software development
- Comparison of the health determinants of the people in the greater mekong subregion (GMS)
- Relation of key determinants affecting mental health disorders in greater mekong subregion
- Delta Flight Passengers Evacuate Onto Tarmac After Cabin Fills With Smoke
- Firefly Aerospace to Take Over Vandenberg Delta 2 Pad